Saturday, February 2, 2013

trail mix granola bars


I have been obsessed with granola bars lately.
I feel like I could never get sick of them.
But if you ask my husband, I think he would disagree with me.


When I bake, I like to experiment with the results.
This time I delivered the granola bars to two different groups of people.
They were a hit.
With both groups.
I guess that makes this recipe a keeper :)



Trail Mix Granola Bars

gluten-free & sugar-free

  • 3 1/2 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
  • 3 cups gluten-free Chex cereal (rice or corn)
  • 1 1/2 cups raisins
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup peanuts (dry-roasted)
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine both cereals with the raisins, sunflower seeds, and peanuts in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, combine the honey and peanut butter. Heat in the microwave for about one minute. Stir in the vanilla.

Pour this over the cereal mixture and mix well.

Pour granola mixture into a sprayed 9x13 baking pan. Press granola into the pan with all your might. Place pan in the freezer and allow to cool for about 30 minutes. 

Cut into bars.

Devour.



A big thank you to my lovely sister Yvonne for this idea.
The original recipe can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...