Is it Christmas already?
It must be...
Because why would there be a ribbon, a box, and even a note addressed to me?
Santa is real, guys.
He's got to be! Then how else would this Kitchenaid appear out of nowhere?
For me, Christmas really did come early.
A few days ago, I was went to one of my favorite restaurants (Molly's) and it was chaos. The line was long to get food, the place was packed, and there was excitement in the air.
What in the world was going on?
My friend Rachel was working and she told me that it was Molly's birthday. To celebrate they were giving out a prizes, giftbags, gift cards, and even a Kitchenaid Mixer. Just at the sound of those words: "Kitchenaid Mixer", my heart began to race. Oh if only I were lucky enough to win that.
"You want to put your name into the drawing?" Rachel asked Devin and I.
"Sure," was our reply.
We put in our names and thought little of it.
A few hours later, I received a phone call. "Is this Sarah Hinckley?" the voice said. "Yes..." I replied slowly. "You won the Kitchenaid." the voice chimed. I couldn't believe my ears. All I remember thinking was: no way, no way, no way...
There was just no way that I was that lucky.
But I was.
I blame it on fate.
Fate wanted me to win that Kitchenaid.
It's not like I have been trying to win one from every blog giveaway for months now.
Molly's wanted me to go to their restaurant so they could get a picture.
This posed a problem, since I don't own a car. Thankfully, my friend Lauren saved me.
Let's just say that this week has been amazing.
So many great things have been happening.
I will list just a few:
- I won a Kitchenaid, duh!
- I was asked to do makeup for a photoshoot this Saturday.
- I am modeling in a photoshoot this Saturday...(not sure if this is a good thing or not yet).
- Finals week is over. Bring on summer!
- My bestest friend Katie came back from Canada for graduation and I get to see her. Yay!
- I made peanut butter cookies 'n' cream granola bars. NOM NOM NOM.
And now I get to tell you all about these delicious granola bars...
I am so excited :D
Step 1: Buy Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme and Milk Chocolate bars.
Step 2: Open the chocolate bars.
Step 3: Lay them on a cutting board.
Wait a sec...who ate my chocolate?!!
I swear, people these days.
Step 4: Chop up the chocolate.
Step 5: Make some peanut butter goolash.
Step 6: Stir it real good.
I mean it, real good.
Step 7: Prepare your dry stuff.
Step 8: Stir in the peanut butter goolash.
Step 9: Add in the chocolate! Woo! Party!
Step 10: Press into a pan and put in the freezer.
Granola bars in 10 simple steps. Whoever thought it could be so easy?
Peanut Butter Cookies 'n' Cream Granola Bars
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cookies 'n' creme chocolate bar (1.5 oz)
- 1 milk chocolate bar (1.5 oz)
- 2/3 cup honey, melted
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal and oats. Set aside. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with oil.
- Chop your chocolate bars. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the honey and peanut butter. Heat this peanut butter mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds to one minute (just until bubbling), then remove from microwave and stir in vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Press into the prepared pan (really hard). Stick the pan into the freezer for one hour (this step is vital to how your granola bars turn out).
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars.
- Store granola bars in a gallon-size ziploc bag.
This recipe make a pretty big batch of granola bars. About 24.
So get them while you can...they won't last long.