Do you see that cinnamon-sugary goodness?
Nom nom nom.
You want to know something crazy?
This is the first recipe for Churro Protein Balls EVER to exist!!
Like seriously, there is no such thing as "Churro Protein Balls" on the Internet!
So basically this post is MONUMENTAL.
Mind = blown.
When making these little babies, I used a vanilla protein powder from Quest Nutrition. I love this protein powder because it has a simple ingredient list, is low in sugar, low in calories, and high in protein (duh!). It tastes just like vanilla ice cream when mixed with water and ice. For real. Plus, it's amazing for baking [and for making Churro Protein Balls]. :)
After mixing the ingredients, it may look a bit like dog food, but DON'T WORRY! Everything will work perfectly in the end.
I promise, these are amazing.
Churro Protein Balls
gluten-free, low sugar, high protein
1 cup vanilla protein powder (Quest Nutrition)
1 cup gluten-free oat flour (grind oats in blender)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy almond butter
1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, except for the white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add almond butter. If the almond butter is a bit dry/hard, microwave for about 30 seconds. Add the milk to the bowl. Stir these wet ingredients together until mixture is smooth and pourable.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the white chocolate chips.
- Form this deliciousness into bite-sized balls (wetting your hands works well).
- Roll balls in Cinnamon Sugar Topping (see below).
- Store protein balls in a Ziploc bag in the freezer or fridge.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
2 tablespoons coconut or granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
*Stir sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.