Yes. We went to DISNEYLAND! And by we, I mean the boyf and I.
It was so much fun.
Excited for the day ahead of us!
For the record, we love Mickey Mouse.
Finale: the fireworks. Spectacular.
HUNTINGTON BEACHcrude, I must admit.
Running along the beach. favorite. thing. ever.
THANKS for joining me on my adventure :)
And now my inspiration for today's recipe! (finally)...
And not just any candy, but BANANA salt water TAFFY!!!
That's right...I said salt water taffy :)
Soft, chewy, sweet, salty, perfect.
Can't forget the salt!
And there's always, always a time to eat :)
Banana Salt Water Taffy
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon-1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 3-7 drops yellow food coloring
- Butter the sides of a 2-quart saucepan
- Add sugar, corn syrup, water and salt to the pan
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved
- Continue cooking to 250-265 degrees (between the firm-ball and hard-ball stage), without stirring (the mixture should boil gently over the entire surface)
- Remove from heat
- Stir in butter, flavoring and color
- Pour into a buttered 15x10x1 inch pan (glass works well)
- Cool for about 20 minutes or until easily handled
- Butter hands and pull candy is until difficult to pull (call in the help of friends of family--trust me, you'll need it!)
- Add in more flavoring and color, if needed
- Cut into fourths
- Pull each piece into a long strand about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut taffy into bite size pieces using buttered scissors
- Wrap each piece in plastic wrap or wax paper (I prefer wax paper)
- Store in ziploc baggies or an airtight container