Mouthwatering peaches, nectarines, and apples are here (and they are absolutely divine)!
BUT, let us not forget about the summer produce. It is still going strong...like avocados.
Oh avocados. How can you be so rich and buttery and delicious? I love you. Be mine.
Do I hear "guacamole" calling my name? I think yes.
(Okay, so "grantabulous" is a weird word...but it's a combination of "grand" and "fabulous" -- so I am a bit weird, what's new?)
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat.
- Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash.
- Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
- Serve with homemade baked tortilla chips.
I could eat an avocado at each meal if I wanted to...and maybe I will :)
Do YOU want to see something silly? Come on, you know you do...
I dare you to look!
(Beware: viewer discretion is advised--these pictures are quite ridiculous.)
me and katie having way too much with photo booth
big lips. i blame genetics.
hot nerds. baha.
Okay, go through these next pictures really fast to get the whole effect. Our version of a flip-book.
Okay, I'm done.
This is the end of today's post.
But seriously, it is.