sometimes i feel inspired.
to make cookie dough.
is it so bad that i crave it?
that's totally human of me, right?
don't that look so tasty?
and maybe try fudge-dipped too?
pop them in the freezer, and voila! you got a snack to eat on the go. perfect.
Vegan Cookie Dough Bites [gluten-free]
1 cup ground oats (oat flour)
1/3 to 1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 to 4 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
Homemade Chocolate Fudge Topping
1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
1 tablespoon butter substitute (Earth Balance works great)
- Place all ingredients together in a food processor with the mixer-attachment (or medium-sized bowl). If mixing in a bowl, use a wooden spoon. Process ingredients together, until smooth. It should have the consistency of regular cookie dough.
- Scoop out small portions of cookie dough. Roll each scoop into bite-sized pieces. Place these on a parchment-covered cookie sheet and cool in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create chocolate fudge topping by heating chocolate chips in the microwave. After about 30 seconds, give chocolate a good stir. Melt chocolate for another 30 seconds. Afterwards, stir in butter substitute. As you stir in the butter substitute, the chocolate should cool and thicken a bit.
- Remove cookie dough bites and dip/cover in fudge sauce. (You don't need to dip all the cookie dough bites, I only covered about half of them.)
- Place cookie dough bites back in freezer for about 10 more minutes. When they are cooled, store them in a small tupperware or ziploc bag. Make sure you keep cookie dough bites in the freezer or fridge, as they will soften a bit at room temperature.
This girl was my inspiration for this. Stay tuned for Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream tomorrow. :)