Monday, January 14, 2013

Oatmeal Spice Cookie Bars

Baby, it's cold outside.
As I was walking to school, my ankles and feet were aching. Yes, aching. 
By the time I got inside, I was sure they needed to be amputated.
Over-exaggerating? I think not. Take a look for yourself...


Today's high was 8 degrees F. Tonight it's going to get down to -4 degrees.
But I can't complain too much because my family went to church in -10 degree weather last week.
It's at those times when I am grateful that I don't live in Wyoming anymore.

Let me tell you something though. When the weather is cold, there is something I do best.
I bake treats.
Tasty tasty treats.
All for me (and my husband too, if I am feeling nice enough).
And today I made Oatmeal Spice Cookie Bars.



Oatmeal Spice Cookie Bars

  • 1/2 cup quick oats 
  • 1 cup raisins 
  • 1 cup almonds (I tried 1/2 cup almonds + 1/2 cup sunflower seeds...super tasty)
  • 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • a pinch of salt (to taste)

In a food processor or blender, add in the oats, raisins, and nuts. Pulse the blades until coarse crumbs form. Turn off machine and add in honey, vanilla and salt. Blend well. 

Take out mixture and place in a bowl or into your hands. Form the mixture into a ball, using your hands. (It should look and feel like cookie dough at this point.) Press dough into a sprayed 8x8 pan. 

Cut into squares and place in a ziploc baggie. Store in the freezer or fridge.

(inspired by this girl)


As for me, I am going to go warm up with a blanket, some cookie bars, and a good book.
Stay warm, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...