Friday, November 15, 2013

Vegan Orange Julius



Do you remember my post about the Vegan Cookie Dough Bites made with Simply Stevia? Well this is my second post using Simply Stevia's product.

They didn't ask me to create two recipes with their product, but I wanted to. And this vegan Orange Julius was the first thing that popped in my head to make. Boy oh boy, was it tasty! 
Oh, and guess what? No added sugar! (Only all natural sweeteners, baby!)

Orange Julius is something that is very nostalgic for me. I will never forget going to the mall and begging my mom to buy me that sweet, delicious orange smoothie. This recipe definitely does the original Orange Julius justice, and more! It tastes like a mix between an Orange Julius and an Orange Creamsicle. DOUBLE WHAMMY! (Yeah, I know...its goodness surprised me too.)



Vegan Orange Julius

serves about 3-4

1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed (only use 8 oz.)
1 cup almond milk (or soy milk)
3/4 cup to 1 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-3 packets Valencia Orange Stevia (to taste)
10-12 ice cubes 
  1. Put all the ingredients, except the ice, into the blender (or food processor). Blend/process until ingredients are just mixed. Add the ice cubes. Blend until smooth. It should look a bit frothy.
  2. Taste and see if any more vanilla or stevia needs to be added. 
  3. Pour into a tall glass and slurp with a straw.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...