Thursday, July 4, 2013

acai bowls (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan)

 

Acai bowls are my favorite.
When I lived in Hawaii, I lived on acai bowls and shave ice from Matsumoto's.
After spending all day on the beach, I was always in the need for something fruity and fresh.
And these were the perfect solution.




Usually I make my acai berry mix in the blender, but this time I tried it in the food processor, and worked out even better.

It's all about the layering: acai berry smoothie, granola, sliced bananas, and a drizzle of honey.
Perfecto.


Acai Bowls

gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
serves about 2-3 people

1 pack frozen pure acai (I like the Sambazon smoothie packs)
8 ounces (about 1 cup) frozen mixed berries
1/2 to 1 cup almond milk (or apple juice)
1 banana
1 to 2 tablespoons sweetener (brown sugar, honey, or stevia)

Toppings: sliced banana, sliced strawberries, granola (I used my homemade blueberry granola), honey
  1. Combine acai, berries, and almond milk (or juice) in a blender (or food processor) and blend well. Blend in a banana, until smooth. Mix in sweetener, until you reach the sweet taste you prefer. The mixture should be quite thick. 
  2. In a bowl, pour in the smoothie. Next, top with granola and sliced bananas (or any other fruit). At last, drizzle with honey.
  3. Eat in complete happiness.


1 comments:

  1. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Buy açaí snack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being a friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...