Thursday, April 5, 2012

eat at Molly's

This is Molly...


...and she makes delicious food.
Well, her restaurant does anyway.


Molly was the quintessential 50s mom who always had a hot meal ready for her family. Everyday she packed a lunch (like a meatloaf sandwich on homemade bread and a slice of pie or cake) for her husband when he went to work in the coal mine, often packing an extra one for any man who didn't have lunch. Even when her sons would come home, she would have a meal waiting for them on the nightstand, no matter what hour it was. And most of all, she made her food with the most important ingredient--love.

I seriously believe that her restaurant continues to do the same today. 
Devin and I had heard such great things about this place and were dying to go, but we had to really schedule our time tight because it is only open for lunch (11 AM to 2 PM).
But boy oh boy, were we glad we made time for it.
When you walk in, you are taken back by the peculiarity of the ambiance. It's small and simple, but really cozy. To my surprise, they served up the food buffet-style. But don't let that scare you, they are constantly replacing the containers with fresh food. It's the sort of place where you would want to sit and talk to your friends for a few hours (if only it were open longer).

The menu offers home-style choices like beef brisket, pulled pork, french chicken, and pot roast. Each entree comes with 2 sides and a choice of bread for only $8.95.
Dev got pulled pork (Carolina-style) with mashed potatoes & gravy and a cheddar biscuit, and I got french chicken with mashed taters, spinach salad, and white artisan bread. 
Everything was amazing.

Devin's pulled pork. I can honestly say that this was the best pulled pork I have ever tasted in my life. I had to refrain myself from eating his entire plate. Sorry Dev :)

French Chicken: really tasty, yet a tad dry. However, I was comparing the chicken to the pork entree, so my opinion was a bit biased.

I found out that my friend Rachel works for them. So she hooked us up with some cookies...booyah.


Oh, and PS...they cater!
Their catering company is called Marvellous Catering, and it looks fantastic. I am definitely going to keep them in mind for the future.

Just please promise me that you will go and eat at this amazing restaurant. You won't regret it, trust me.
If you don't believe me, just read the reviews at C. Jane's blog and UrbanSpoon.

Molly's
Tuesday through Friday
11 AM to 2 PM
753 W Columbia Ln
Provo, Utah
Molly's on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...