Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Larabars

I love cookie dough.
WAY more than cookies.
Okay, so I do have a chance of dying because of the salmonella it contains...
...but I am willing to take that risk.

But guess what?
This recipe contains no eggs.
So you can eat as much cookie dough as you want.
FREEDOM!
Move over salmonella, and let me eat my cookie dough.


Oatmeal raisin cookie dough is my fav.
By far.


You know what else is cool?
This cookie dough is healthy.
Gluten-free. Dairy-free. Sugar-free. Vegan.


Oh yeah, and it's super duper tasty.
And have I mentioned addicting?
That one too.

Have you ever had an obsession?
I have.
Actually, I have a lot of obsessions...and buying multiples of one type of product is just one of them.


This is similar to my collection of Larabars.
I decided that I had to buy every flavor of these gluten-free goodies.
I just couldn't live without them.
Yeah, I am weird.
Note: I did not take this picture, but it is very similar to my hodge-podge of Larabars.
Anyway, I was motivated.
Motivated to stop spending my money on these little guys and start making some of my own for WAY cheaper.
I had to start making dough in order to start saving dough, ya know? Ha.
I am so punny :)


Thanks to Chocolate-Covered Katie, my life is a lot easier.
I love her.
Haha.
But seriously.



Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Larabars
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 6 tablespoons oats (gluten-free)
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons agave (feel free to sub-in honey or maple)
  1. Pulverize the oats in a food processor.
  2. Add all other ingredients and blend very well. It should have the consistency of cookie dough.
  3. Form into balls or bars.
  4. Store in refrigerator. (They should last from 1 to 2 weeks.)

This recipe makes about 3-5 Larabars.
I recommend doubling the recipe.
Trust me, you will want to. Yes, they are that good.


COOKIE DOUGH!


Dear Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Larabars,
I love you.
Please continue being delicious.
That is all.
<3 Sarah

2 comments:

  1. larabars are soooo good! Possibly better than granola bars :) thanks for the amazing recipe that i will definitely be making soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone else shares my obsession of Larabars! That makes me so happy :) Enjoy making them, and let me know how they turn out!

      Delete

Thanks for being a friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...