And granola bars.
And the three of them together? DIVINE.
My mouth is watering just at the sight of them.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
(makes one 9x13 pan...about 15 bars, depending on how much you eat yourself...)
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal, oats, and flax seed. Set aside. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, heat the honey and peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute (just until bubbling), then remove from microwave and stir in vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until smooth. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture, and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips (I put them in at the end so they do not melt!)
- Press into the prepared pan using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool (I put them in the freezer), then cut into squares.
- Eat as many as you can.
You wanna know something sort of embarrassing?
I used to have another blog back in the day.
Yep, I did.
It was called Hinckley Health and Happiness (dork alert!)
Please don't judge me for it's layout. I was just a baby when I started it!
Okay, it was only 2 years ago...
But being 19 makes me a baby, right? :)
But seriously. Every time I look at it I just laugh. My recipes were great. My food photography skills and overall layout = not my greatest work.
Not saying that I am amazing at photography now...that is most definitely not true.
But I have come a long way since then.
Yay me :)
I started making these granola bars over a year ago and I haven't been able to stop since. AND I haven't even gotten sick of them yet! It's a miracle. Here is the link to them on my old blog.
And these cute little guys just had to be bagged up.
Off you go!
Okay, so this is a little random and silly, but I want to start asking questions to all my readers...
So today's question is:
What is your favorite kind of granola bar?
(Feel free to reply in the form of a comment on this post)